Prepare for your mouth to water.
One of the many great pleasures of visiting the Vancouver Christmas Market is standing out in the cold, enjoying a generous gulp of Glühwein or indulging in a sizzling German-style sausage.
Whether it’s devouring a tasty pork hock or sinking your teeth into a steaming-hot chimney cake, we’ve got more than 20 gourmet vendors that will satisfy your Christmas cravings this year.
So, come on down and bring your appetite with you!
- For those who love traditional German fare, Freybe Brat Haus returns with their juicy Bavarian-style bratwurst. Also available are their delectable dried pepperoni, known as landjaegers.
- Local sustainable seafood company, Eat F.I.S.H, are quickly becoming new favourites at the market this year and it’s easy to see why with their heavenly salmon burgers served on grilled pretzel buns. Also available at Das Lachs Haus are candied salmon bites.
- Enjoy the taste of sunny Spain this year with new vendor Spanish Paella and Jamon Iberico. Discover their delicious paella made with authentic Spanish spices and their famous cured ham – among the most highly sought-after hams in the world.
- Look out for the perfect pork hock – or Schweinshaxe – at Haxen Haus. Their tender treats are roasted until crispy on the outside and melt-in-your-mouth on the inside.
Vegetarians & Vegans
- Cheese lovers rejoice! New vendor Cheese Me Raclette is offering the Swiss-style dish, Raclette, a dish consisting of freshly-melted cheese scraped from the wheel onto a bed of fresh veggies. Meat-eaters can enjoy the dish with cured meats.
- Veggies and vegans needn’t miss out this year. Das Gulasch Haus offers a vegan option made with carrots, potatoes, and a blend of Hungarian and smoky Spanish paprika.
- Snack on delicious German-style Kartoffelpuffer (potato pancakes) and Hurricane Potatoes as you meander through the market. Found at Das Kartoffelhaus, they come with a variety of tasty toppings, including cinnamon sugar, salt & vinegar, and ketchup with vegan options available.
- Indulge in a popular polish delicacy at Pearls Perogies. Using local ingredients such as BC-grown potatoes, real cheddar cheese and fresh cottage cheese, their perogies go well with a cold beer or a refreshing apple cider. (Bacon perogies available for meat-eaters)
- Vegetarians are in for a treat with Spätzle Haus. Traditional egg noodles and herbs await with three different toppings: cheese and caramelized onions, wild mushroom cream sauce, or coconut curry tomato sauce (dairy-free). Each dish is served with a tasty and tangy gurkensalat (German cucumber salad).
- Satisfy your sweet tooth with a steaming-hot chimney cake. Originally from Hungary, chimney cakes have a spiral-shaped sugary shell with a fluffy and soft inside. Pop by the Transylvanian Bakery Chimney Cakes to taste these yummy pastries.
- Indulge in a bean-to-bar Chocolate bar, fresh from the Swiss Alps. Zotter Chocolates offer 365 taste-tested flavours ranging from creamy caramel-filled Coffee Toffee to Green Tea ganache.
- No trip to the market is complete without a sample of some scrumptious Spanish Churros. These fried-dough pastries are ideal for dipping into a steaming cup of coffee or hot chocolate.
- Cannoli King Vancouver offers Sicilian cannoli like no other. With a crisp shell and a creamy filling, these hand-rolled pastries are made from a 35-year-old family recipe and come in a variety of flavours.
- Warm the cockles of your heart with a dreamy mug of spicy Glühwein at the Christmas Pyramid. This seasonal specialty is made from red wine from The View Winery, and heated with sumptuous spices including cinnamon, vanilla, cloves and citrus. Get the full effect by trying a Feuerzangenbowle – mulled wine with a rum-soaked sugarcone set afire and dropped in.
- A trip to the Schnappsl Kaffee Haus is like a mini visit to the snow-covered Alps! Get in the festive spirit by sipping on a classic eggnog with rum, brandy and a dash of nutmeg. Non-alcoholic eggnog is also available.
- New to the market this year, Das Apfelhaus, features authentic German apple cider and candied apples. Kinderpunsch is also offered – the kids version of mulled wine. After all, warm and spicy holiday drinks aren’t just for adults!
- Enjoy Erdinger, Stiegl and other popular beer options from The Bavarian Haus. Share a holiday cheers in the Alpine Haus – a laid-back warming hut to enjoy your brews and bites.
*Please be sure to double check directly with vendors regarding the aforementioned and any other dietary needs or restrictions.