As the Vancouver Christmas Market once again develops into the focal point of Vancouver’s holiday season, we require hardworking, dedicated, and energetic team members to provide a wonderful Christmas experience to our visitors. If you would like to be a part of our amazing team, we invite you to have a look at our exciting opportunities and apply.
Guest Services (availability required from Nov. 19 to Dec. 24):
- Provide assistance and information to Market visitors and guests
- Operate the carousel, sell tickets, and assist with queue management and crowd control
- Handle payment transactions and manage designated cash float, and
- Cheerfully engage with guests to provide a festive Market experience.
Food and Beverage Services (availability required from Nov. 18 to Dec. 27):
- Prepare and serve wine, beer and spirits, as well as other Market food and beverages
- Handle payment transactions and manage designated cash float
- Manage supply inventory and requisition new stocks as needed, and
- Maintain a tidy workspace while providing superb customer service to guests.
“Hausmeister” (Venue Operations) (availability required from Nov. 6 to Dec. 29):
- Assist with venue setup and tear-down, including décor and sign installations
- Perform facility maintenance and minor equipment repairs
- Manage the restocking, inventory, and delivery of Market supplies, and
- Assist with the logistical and operational needs of the Market, as needed.
Requirements and Selection Criteria
To be considered for a position, you must:
- Be willing to stand for long periods of time
- Have the ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Have an outgoing, energetic, and friendly personality, and
- Have excellent customer service and communication skills.